Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Skincare!

Hey guys- this is my night post. I've been writing a lot and right now I'm lacking a bit of inspiration. Let's do... a skin-care post!

Alrighty- so let's get a little background info in right here. I have young skin that is still acne-prone and oily, although I still get flaky occasionally (the best of both worlds, right?).

I don't feel you guys need to see pics of the bottles and stuff...umm I'll just list and link! I'll be bringing you to the official website links...not places you can buy them...

Everyday!
Face wash-

Up until extremely recently (yesterday, lol) I've been using L'Oréal Paris Go 360° Clean Deep Facial Cleanser (the green bottle, I think the original).

Alrighty, so this cleanser has a hole in the middle of the 6 fl oz that has a flappy plastic "scrublet" scrubby pad with tiny bristles. I used it for a while but it got dirty pretty easily and just wasn't really improving my skin. For my cleanser I use...the Sephora Collection Complexion Brush in Fuchsia! AndreasChoice talked about this in a video, it was $5, it was close to me, the next day I picked it up and I love it. The protective cap it came with was soooo annoying, it didn't really snap on, so I threw it out. It wasn't really doing its job. I doubt I threw it out on purpose. I love it. The bristles are soooooooo soft, it looks nice and does its job. It's especially good with my new face wash...the Ahava Purifying Mud Soap for Oily Skin (blog link here). It's a good way to lather up!

Toner:

I would be lying if I told you I did this everyday, because the truth is, I don't. Just not a huge fan. I have the Neutrogena Alcohol-Free Toner. I love the pretty powder-blue color of the bottle. I think it's nice. The toner claims to be non-sticky...but I find it kinda sticky...yeah sometimes I just don't really bother with this product.

Spot Treatment:

I loooove my acne spot treatment. It's called Acnevir. It's inexpensive and very good. It has sulphur in it!

Moisturizer:

Moisturizer is really expensive...I use an SPF 15 CVS Generic moisturizer. I mix in pure Tea Tree Oil from Whole Foods in for an extra kick!

Weekly!
Face Wash:

Occasionally I use this exfoliating cleanser. It's called Laboratoire Remède Energizing Cleansing Cream. I'm sorry, I don't know where to get it, all I know is LR is actually really expensive. Another of their cleansing creams is $44. I have no idea where I got this one.

Mask:

Sometimes I apply my Lumene mud mask.

My skin's not perfect. It's a bit bumpy between my brows and on my chin, and I get little tiny whiteheads on my nose (easily resolved). I'm working on it. :)

xx,
beautygeek0

No comments:

Post a Comment