Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Black Eyeliners


So I don't have too much time and I didn't know too much what to write about so I looked to my makeup collection for inspiration. I'm just gonna give you a reaaaaally speedy run-down of my black eyeliners. Sorry, not too original or incredibly interesting but if you're in the market it may be useful.

Here are my four black liners (I have a liquid one but I don't use it, the felt-tip is a bit messed up.)
Ugh, crappy lighting. I'm also sorry the last swatch is smudged. Sorry for the crappy nature of this post.

The first one (my new fave) is the POPBeauty Cat Eyes Eyeliner in No. 1 Black Onyx. Sorry, I just can't stop talking about it! It's great, super easy to use, fun tool for cat eyes! If you're looking for a true black, however, this one would not be my top recommendation! It's a pretty smokey greyish bluish black (loveee). If you asked me what color it was, though, I would just say black.

Price point: $16
Where to buy: Not really sure, got mine at Urban Outfitters, you can find it here.

The second swatch is the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on Eyeliner Pencil in Zero. This is soooo ridiculously creamy and awesome. It's a liiiiiiitttttllllleee hard to sharpen, but this is almost my ideal liner!

Price point: $17
Where to buy: Sephora, www.urbandecay.com

The third swatch looks very very very similar to Zero but is actually a LOT cheaper. This is the wet n' wild Color Icon Brow and Eyeliner in Black. It's only a dollar, so that's a MAJOR plus. Put the formula is a tiny bit waxy so the pencil drags a bit meaning you may have to go over it a bit and in the long run it can cause wrinkles :(. But so can smiling, right? It's waxy texture makes it good for tightlining, though! For those of you who don't know what tightlining is, it's applying eyeliner to the skin below your lashes rather than above. It is not long lasting either, though...the color will run down your eyes a little. Despite this down-sides, you may as well give it a try, right?

Price point: $0.99
Where to buy: CVS, Walgreens, etc.

The last swatch is definitely the deepest, blackest black. It's MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack. It's a gel liner from MAC that is ridiculously creamy. If you buy this, make sure it has minimal exposure to the air. It will dry very quickly, so keep the cap on! I love mine but haven't quite mastered the technique so don't use it on a daily basis.

Price point: $15
Where to buy: MAC Stores and Counters

xx,
beautygeek0



If you're looking for a drugstore liner that is as creamy as 24/7 I would check put the Milani Liquif-eye Eyeliners. I've heard they're great and just around $6.50! I may get one one of these days but as you can see, for now I'm happy with my selection. I may get the silver one!

Yeah. Other than that I have a blue and brown liner... A white one... A cream one. Maybe those will be for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment