Sunday, January 30, 2011

Blogsale Haul

Okay everyone- one of my favorite YouTube gurus everrr is saaammage. She is funny, talented, and rambly. Those are three things I look for in a beauty guru. So when I saw that she was having a blogsale, I jumped on the opportunity to purchase a few of her gently used beauty products. In her favorite nail polishes of winter video, she wrote about how much she loved Essie's Very Cranberry. She was selling it for $4, and I decided to give it a spin. I am in love with the color, it is absolutely beautiful, however I hate the polish. I applied it with a Sally Hansen base coat, but was probably too lazy or too late to something for a topcoat. It starts chipping and peeling very quickly. About a week into wearing it I finally got fed up. I thought Essie was supposed to be very nice quality... I've seen it at salons and even J. Crew! Did I get a dud? Am I doing something wrong? Is this just very high maintenance polish? I love the color and the thin formula is easy to apply, but apparently has no staying power. I also purchased an ELF 6-shadow palette in Smoky. Beautiful pigmentation, I reaaaally want some ELF of my own. I love the color on the top right... Hard to describe... A dark smokey greenish blue. I don't know. <3

xo,
beautygeek0

No comments:

Post a Comment