Thursday, December 30, 2010

My Skincare Regimen

I will not ramble. I'm only going to tell you what steps I take in the morning and at night to keep my skin as clear as possible. It is definitely not clear right now, but I am seeing improvements.

My skin: I have combination skin. I have a typical oily t-zone, with white heads wherever they feel like popping up and blackheads around my nose. I get pretty dry in the winter.

Morning:

1) Do a surface cleanse (clear dirt and oil and stuff from the the night) with Boots Cleansing Milk.
2) Moisturize using a Target brand oil-free moisturizer with a low dose of salicylic acid to continue to fight acne all day long! :)
3) Put in eye drops.
4) Brush my teeth...apply makeup, etc.

That's kind of all I do in the mornings. I always have lipbalm on, just saying, especially in Winter. I use Nivea's Milk and Honey lipbalm. I loooove it.

Night:

It's more elaborate at night.

1) Do a surface cleanse with my Boots Cleansing Milk.
2) Now do a deep cleanse using my Sephora facial brush, and for now, a Mario Badescu body cleaner. I'm looking for a new cleanser right now, I think I'm going to buy the L'Oreal go 360 clean with a scrublet thingy.
3) Apply Acnevir spot cream on zits, careful, it is drying! This is huge. I love Acnevir. It has Sulphur and Resorcinol as well as Salicylic acid, instead of just Benzoyl Peroxide or Salicylic Acid like most spot treatments. You can buy this online, haven't seen it in stores.
4) While waiting for it to dry, I usually brush my teeth, floss, and use mouthwash.
5) Moisturize.

So, what I think would really help me out it a new cleanser and maybe a new oil-free moisturizer.

xo,
beautygeek0

No comments:

Post a Comment